Student Visa and Residence Permit

Student Visa 

International students must obtain a Student Visa before their departure in order to be enrolled. To apply for a student visa, you need to contact the nearest Turkish consulate or the Turkish Embassy in your home country together with the following documents:

  • The Letter of Acceptance from Antalya Bilim University (ABU)
  • A completed visa application form, (This form will be provided at the consulate or embassy when you apply. Alternatively, you may download and print from
  • Visa fee and a few photos

Please call the consulate or embassy for further necessary documents. We advise you to apply at least two months before the semester begins. The visa fee might vary from country to country and is paid in local currency. When you receive your visa, check to see that it is a “student visa”. Please be aware that tourist visas are not accepted. The university will be requesting a valid student visa stamped on your passport to formalize your registration. Student visas cannot be obtained within Turkey.

Once you arrive to, you will have to apply for a residence permit within the first month. Some of the documents required for residence permit will be prepared by the Student Affairs Office and you will be able to receive them after you complete your registration process. The visa remains valid as long as a student is enrolled at the University.

Residence Permit

A Residence Permit is an official document stating registration with the Directorate of Migration Management (Göçler İdaresi Müdürlüğü: ). All international students, regardless of status, are required to register within one month after entering Turkey and obtain this official document. Remember that you will not be able to travel abroad until you obtain a valid residence permit. All of you have to apply individually. Office hours are 8:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:30, Monday through Friday except holidays. The day of your appointment you will go to the migration office with all the necessary documents.

Required Documents:

  • Application Form (signed)
  • Student Certificate (will be prepared by Student Affairs Office)
  • Your passport and copy of passport
  • Copy of passport page with a student visa
  • 4 passport size photos
  • Fee for Residence Permit Card
  • Notification that you have sustainable resources to stay and live in Turkey
  • Contract of the place you stay. (flat, dorm, hotel etc.)


The Residence Permit of the students, who have not registered, graduated, dismissed, left by own will or have on leave status (freeze the semester), are cancelled. These students must leave Turkey within 15 days or apply to Directorate of Migration Management for a new residence permit. Otherwise, they will be sentenced to fine.  We would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to be aware of these rules and regulations. Moreover, please pay attention to these rules in order to avoid any serious legal and financial problems ahead

Foreign Identity Number

As the requirement of a recent regulation, every foreign resident, like Turkish citizens, should have an identity number given by the state of Turkish Republic. This number is used in Information Systems as well. This number is used when producing a student certificate, when graduating, etc. After you get your number, you are required to inform Student Affairs Office.